Earn a Free Race:
That’s right! Spare some time and we’ll spare your wallet. Volunteer for the Truckee Marathon earn Big Blue Adventure Bucks to spend on an event registration of your own.
- $15 worth of Big Blue Adventure Bucks earned for each hour of volunteering
- Good for any Big Blue Adventure event.
- Must volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours to receive
- Credit can be earned by family and friends. Recruit a few folks and increase your Big Blue Adventure Bucks account.
- Volunteering is a fun and easy way to pay for your racing
- Must be 17 years of age or older or have parent or guardian
- If you’re part of a non-profit organization we can make donations for your volunteerism!
As a volunteer you will receive:
- Big Blue Adventure Bucks
- Event SWAG
- Food and Beverage
- Awards Ceremony & Party
Help to make sure participants stay on course! Be positioned at a strategic location(s) on the course.
Great for a group. Individuals OK too. Work one or more of the Aid/Feed Stations along the course to hand out water, electrolyte replacement beverage, gels, bars, salty snacks, etc. Help to monitor participants and communicate with event staff when medical may be needed. Cheer them on!
Help our staff with the process of getting all of our participants checked in and registered for the event. A little bit of administration, handing out race bibs(numbers), T-shirts, SWAG, etc.
Help at the finish area to hang finishing medals around the necks of the finishers, some crowd control, lead participants to the recovery food….
Set-up and or tear-down the venue pre and post event. Help to manage the operations of the event by keeping supplies at Aid Stations full, etc.